ThingsLog remote metering and monitoring solution allows utility operators and their customers to monitor and meter water, liquids, oil and fuels flows. That allows consumption tracking. The solution is suitable for utility operators that would like to achieve optimal usage of their existing infrastructure and add smart metering to the grid without replacing the existing meters. The solution is also beneficial for system integrators and service providers willing to offer consumption monitoring services to their customers.
How does it work?
The solution is based on ThingsLog low power data loggers with 2G, NB-IoT or LoRaWAN network connectivity. Our loggers can operate in low power mode and are a perfect match for monitoring of water or oil meters in remote or difficult to access locations.
Each logger is able to read simultaneously reed switch pulses from the pulse outputs of up to two water meters. The water meters can be supplied by any manufacturer as long as they are able to generate dry contact (reed switch) or S0 pulses. The data is transmitted to the ThingsLog platform at a configurable time interval. Once the data is received by our platform we analyze the reading and generate notifications (to indicate low, high or zero consumption). A balancing module is also available. By enabling the balancing functionality we can correlate the balancing module readings with the readings from other parent meters or flow sensors. Based on this we are able to calculates a network segment (zone) balance and triggers fraud notifications.
The solution has been designed for monitoring remote liquid meters. It this aspect it is suitable for:
- water utilities companies
- hotels/hospitality sector
- public sector buildings
- facility management
- Immediately detect high consumption. Direct alarms to service personnel via a mobile notification or email
- Have access to readings 24/7
- Compare flows and calculate network balances. Detect fraud and leakages
- Predict future consumption
- Optimize water distribution networks
- Detect wrongly sized water meters or pipes
- Create Customers’ profile
- Improve Customer’s user experience