ThingsLog power metering and monitoring solution allows utility operators and their customers to monitor and meter their electricity consumption remotely.
The solution is suitable for utility operators that would like to achieve optimal usage of their existing infrastructure and add smart metering to the grid without replacing the existing meters.
The solution is also beneficial for customers of the utilities that would like to monitor, optimize and control their costs for utility services.
How does it work?
The solution is based on ThingsLog low power data loggers with 2G, NB-IoT or LoRaWAN network connectivity. Loggers are interconnected to the power meters through either pulse outputs or RS-485/RS-232 ports.
There are several ways to collect data from the power meters:
- they have to be set to certain pulse ratio or
- their Modbus/Mbus port has to be enabled. The logger plays the role of Mbus master in case Mbus has been used.
Once the data is received by our platform the readings are analyzed, the consumption profile is updated and notifications are generated. The profiling allows users to identify consumption patterns and analyze the electricity consumption of different machines or household appliances.
There are various kinds of notifications available, like:
- high levels of power consumption
- high or low flow
- variance alarms in response of historical to current data comparison
- no-zero consumption within certain timeframes
There is an option to engage a balancing module as part of the solution. In case the balancing module functionality is enabled we can correlate the readings of the module with the readings from other parent meters or power sensors. We would be then able to calculate a network segment (zone) balance and trigger fraud alarms.
ThingsLog power metering and monitoring solution enablement is the shortcut to digitalize the legacy grid and effectively facilitate its conversion to smart grid.
The solution has been designed for monitoring of remote power meters. It is suitable for:
- utility operators
- hotels/hospitality industry
- shops & retailers
- public sector buildings
- facility managers
- IOT smart solution (cities, grid, transportation, weather, mobility, living, parking, home, etc.) designers
- Immediately detect abnormally high consumption. Service personnel is alerted via mobile or email notifications.
- Demand profile.
- Access to readings 24/7.
- Flows comparison and network balances calculation.
- Fraud detection.
- Consumption forecasts.
- Historical and consumption reports.
- Improved recovery time.
- Enhanced Customers’ user experience.
- Create Customers’ profile